A combination of CHP and TEG
Electricity from wood - As stand-alone technology or emergency generator the world's first e-wood stove can be used. A combination of CHP – combined head and power unit and TEG - thermoelectric generators.
The device should also be ready to step in when classic building heating systems are not working as a result of a power outage. The current yield can cover the basic energy required by pumps and controls for the heating of buildings, hot water, LED home lighting and mobile devices.
An essential element of this new product in this respect is the use of thermoelectric generators (TEG), which allows the direct conversion of thermal energy from the wood fire into electric energy. For decades now, this reliable technology has been used for supplying supply energy to space probes far away from Earth. TEGs were also used by the 2011 NASA mission within the scope of the "Mars Rover Curiosity" programme.
2018 we enter the market
Our next steps to market entry – In December 2017 our e-stove went for certification (german: TÜV). We intend to enter the market in mid-2018. More information and results to our products for 2018.
Based in the technology and research centre in Wismar, the HE Energy GmbH team developed this unique technology along with partners from the fields of research, science and education.
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR e.V.), Cologne
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Physikalische Messtechnik (IPM), Freiburg
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Keramische Technologien und Systeme (IKTS), Dresden
- Hochschule Wismar, University of Applied Sciences with the faculties of architecture and design and economics
- The An-Institut of the University of Applied Sciences in Wismar, Institut für Polymertechnologien e.V. (IPT), Wismar
- Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum gGmbH (DBFZ), Leipzig
A company of the Federal Republic of Germany represented by the
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)